Friday, May 21, 2010

Marathon pics

me and cami





23 miles down!














thank you zazoosh. :)
I set a goal for myself to run a full marathon this year. I began training Jan 3 with Liz. We would run on our own and when we could run our long days together. I was so nervous because before race day I had never run more than 20 miles continuously. I was proud of my run though. I finished in 4 hours 19 minutes. I wish I had stopped less at bathrooms along the way to save more time, but was proud just the same. Jeff and the kids were at the finish line and that was awesome. Jeff ran a couple blocks with me when i got into Ogden. I even had a little kick left at the end. (it helps when there is someone right in front of you you know you can pass!) Sterling came and had a sign to cheer me into the finish. I loved the entire day. It was alot of fun to train with Liz. She was patient to run at my slower pace. We stayed the night in Ogden and went out with Darren and Liz and got an awesome old fashioned ice cream cone that night. I wouldn't give up this experience, it was very rewarding.

No comments: