Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th half marathon

Jeff and I ran the neola half marathon together on the morning of the 3rd. Although I did not get pics of the race I did get a picture when we without planning wore our matching shirts on Sunday. (arent we cute) I took off a bit fast on the half marathon and ended up having a side ache that slowed me down the last couple miles. Jeff caught up with me and we ran the last couple miles together. I kept telling him just go if you feel like you could go faster, but he stayed and we ran together. When we got to the finish line we were about to cross and I grabbed jeffs arm and passed him, in jest. So I beat him, but technically he could have trashed me :) I ran a 1:51 so not my PR but ok. I wont run without my watch again. I asked greg wheeler what our pace was at mile 6 and he said 7:45 then and average of 8:15 with the uphill at the first. Wonder why I got a side ache. My mom and Dad came and cheered for us and that was cool. Whit ran the 5k while we were running and then we borrowed Dad's boat and took the kids boating. What a awesome day, life is good!

No comments: